Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Mother My Home

Giggling in the kitchen
Layzing eating berries, reading gossip magazines
All the secret purchases in my closet... a symbol of the adventures we've had together


Shared kleenex, my aide in torn up ex boyfriend keepsakes
My 10pm  hopeless phone calls ending with hope
The unused gifted Estee Lauder eyeshadows nestled between the sheets of my bed
The "daddy is away" lets get you a new T-Shirt becomes new wardrobe shopping trips


The homemade lettuce soup that passes through my college starved lips
My impulsive decisions become her rational explanations to my father
My blue eyes with a ring of yellow which match hers
The selfless heart which fulfills my selfish needs


A warrior in my army with every battle I fight
A cushioned punching bag, softens the blow
We are a mirror of each other
Our giggles, Our eyes, Our tone, our humor one of the same
Yet she's one of a kind,


My mother, My Anne, my friend, my solace, my home

By: Jade Gaby Sheldon

No comments:

Post a Comment