Saturday, April 28, 2012

Easy Healthy Mexican Summer Salad!

One of my major passions in life besides public relations is healthy eating. You won't find me in a fast-food restaurant, or many restaurants. The only Dr I go to is my Ayurvedic one, Laura Hennings. Ayurveda is an indian herb and eating plan that has kept me in great health. I'm a Pitta, for those of you who understand Ayurveda.

Eating healthy can be challenging because not only do I follow Ayurveda, but I'm lactose and gluten intolerant. I know right? Anyways enough about my dietary habits...

Today I was craving mexican food so I decided to make a yummy mexican salad with all organic, gluten free, dairy free ingredients..

I used:

1/2 cup white mushrooms

2 cups of spring mix lettuce

1 slice of of chicken breast and cut it up finely

1/3 of a cucumber

1/2 can of Trader Joes organic black beans, way better than normal black beans!

1 tsp of Trader Joes organic salsa.. this stuff is just so good ( I only used a little because my Ayurvedic constitution doesn't allow me many tomatoes in my diet)

2 tsp of Braggs healthy vinaigrette  (You will go crazy for this stuff it is just so amazing and yummy) You can buy this at Whole Foods for about four bucks.

1 gluten free tostada which i broke into small pieces

I mixed everything together and nom nom nom. This is my new favo-rito recipe!

Now I think I'll go get myself some watermelon sorbet with gummy bears :)

Hugs from my kitchen to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment